My Personal Health Journey

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Deflaming

My hip has been hurting for a few weeks now. I don't remember actually injuring it but with all that I do (work, kids, etc.) I guess I could have done something to it. After going over a bunch of stuff with my chiropractor yesterday, he recommended I change my diet based on this web site: http://deflame.com/. I'm all for it. So yesterday I shopped for fruits & veggies. I need to try to eliminate grains. I already follow some pretty good guidelines so I thought this shouldn't be too difficult. Well, it's not too difficult, it just requires a little more planning. I also have to stay away from the much craved tortilla chips. But this is so worth it.

Last night was difficult. . . this morning I'm doing pretty well thus far. I did give in & take some ibuprofen, however, because I just cannot have another long agonizing day like yesterday. I've also forgone the coffee for this morning (oh my goodness!) & instead had a cup of tea. God help me on this one. Coffee calls to me much like chocolate (which I can have if I have dark chocolate. . .) Anyway, I'm determined. Took my vitamins already this AM too. And I do need to work on my Vitamin D production. . .sunny out, but kind of cold. I might have to follow advice & seek a tanning salon. I can only go for a few minutes anyway. . .& it will help me not look so pasty.

You know, my symptoms did come about when I started being lax on my good for me diet. I even actually (am I really going to admit this? yes, full disclosure here) drank a Coke a couple of weeks ago. There, I said it. I have not had a Coke in 3 years.. YES, 3 YEARS! And much like addicts always say, once you have one, another one would be so easy to have. . .but I refrained. I only had one. I wanted another. . . for many days in fact. . .but I fought off the urge (picture Godzilla here & me fighting him off). I had also been eating fried food at work (it called to me really) & had been having an occassional alcoholic beverage in the evening. . . I didn't get toasted or anything. . .just a drink or 2. Now, an alcoholic I am not. . but I get a buzz after one half of one drink. . sometimes sooner, no kidding. You know, most alcohol is made from, you got it, distilled grain! All makes sense now, doesn't it? Grains = inflammation. So there you go.

Alright, so that's not the only slacking I've been doing, but you get the point. I also have clutter that I need to tackle (see other blog). That's my mission for today (hence the need for the anti inflammatory drugs). Wish me luck & check back in later:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home