My Personal Health Journey

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

SPRING is finally here

And so my walking has begun. Of course, I just about passed out from a massive heart attack yesterday. . . while at work, I wandered onto the scale. Yes, I wandered onto it. . . that happens where I work. So I am adjusting the little weighty things. . . and keep moving it over & over & over. . . here's the passing out almost part. . . as I near the 150 mark. . . I am starting to perspire heavily & think, "MY GOD, what could I possibly have eaten to put on 15 pounds in like one week?" (I weighed myself about 7-10 days ago on the same scale - wandering again). I realize that I broke my almighty eating code of ethics more than once in the past week but this is a bit strange. So I wander (yes, I tend to wander quite a bit lately) up to the front nursing station & sit my now much heavier than last week ass down (hey, wandering wasn't working so I thought I needed a break). I ask anyone who would listen, "So, is there anything wrong with the scale in the back?" Bridget K, the saviour of my sanity replies, "You mean the old one? Yeah, that's been broken for quite a while. Didn't you notice the little moveable thingy (yes, we're very technical in our terminology) kind of sticks?" PHEW! By no means is 150 fat. . . it would be for my body frame, however, as I'm usually around the 120 mark. . . and it's my blog so I can call myself whatever I want to. That said, I feel somewhat better, even though I don't know what I weigh. . .and it doesn't really matter WHAT I weigh. . .it's how I feel & that really isn't all that great right now. . .so I need to get my butt moving.
So, with the help of my dog, Bailey & my littlest boy, Carter, we will walk again today. . .maybe even twice. I can't do anything more strenuous as my right hip is giving me trouble yet. I'm sure I'll be pulling the wagon for the boy. . . that will help my arm strength. I'll be calling on Cesar Milan's Dog Whisperer techniques to keep Bailey in check. We should track both me & Bailey for inches lost. . . winter was rough on both of us.
Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home